Do not miss the chance to be part of the 6th installment of this exciting interdisciplinary conference on Dec 5-7, 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic and submit your abstracts for the academic program by the extended deadline of May 31, 2019. More information on submission is at www.praguemediapoint.com.
„The Prague Media Point is a must for leading media makers in the region. It was particularly enriching to exchange with all these experts and colleagues on the current challenges for media in Eastern Europe and beyond. The hands-on formats of the conference made it easy to take home a lot of practical inspiration.“ Patrick Leusch, Head of European Affairs, Deutsche Welle
The first confirmed speakers are:
- Alexandra Borchardt, Director of Leadership Programmes, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
- Pierre Romera, Chief Technology Officer, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ),
- Silvie Lauder, Journalist, Respekt
- Folker Hanusch, Professor of Journalism, University of Vienna.
Learn about the examples providing hope amid the doom and gloom of media forecasts. Network with leading professionals and experts in an informal setting. Stay for the stunning scenery of Prague.
Our theme in 2019 is WHAT’S WORKING
Volumes have been written and numerous events have been held over the past decade lamenting the plight of the media in the modern world. Much less attention has been paid to what’s actually working. That is why the 2019 edition of the Prague Media Point will highlight inspiring examples that have managed to overcome the challenges the media are facing these days.
We encourage submissions of abstracts that focus on examples in the media that appear to be working and generating impact in the following subjects and topics, though this list is not exhaustive:
- Technology in editorial work and content deliver
- Engagement through social media
- Examples of solutions or constructive journalism
- Trust-building techniques
- Different forms of storytelling
- Youth-driven news delivery
- Innovative business and ownership models
- Diversity in the newsroom
- Minority media
We offer discounted group rates for non-presenting attendees and further discounts for students. For more information contact Dagmar Caspe, Project Coordinator, [email protected].
Tags:prague media point